Monday, April 23, 2012

Ever Been Stood Up? Because I Have.

I began dating at 15 years old when I begged my dad to let me go on my first car date with Nathan Wheeler. I have NEVER been stood up in the 14 years since then. Until Friday. For those of you lucky enough to have never experienced this, I liken it to being pooped on by a bird. You feel something on your shoulder (or even your face) and you say to yourself "no, it can't be, that's not what just happened." Then the horror and disgust of the realization hits you. You've been shat upon.


If it hadn't have been for the two gay men who bought me my glass of wine at the bar or my friend Maria who met me for dinner later that evening, I might have been reduced to beer tears. It scares me on many levels - this was the second date with him and my psycho hosebeast radar had not gone off. Am I really that bad at judging someone's character? Yikes. Maybe the next time a man tells me his nickname is "Danger" I won't go on a second date with him. Yep, let's start there.

1 comment:

  1. You should've stopped texting him after that first ridiculous message and then toilet papered his house. This is Greg from today by the way. Great blog! If you'd like to check mine out it's Gregstreak.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete